- - 2013 -
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (3)
- February 2013 (5)
- February/21: NEW PRODUCTS ON THE WAY!
- February/21: BOOK A BEAVERTAIL TRIP
- February/03: Eco Friendly Fly Fishing...
- February/01: Fish Free February
- February/01: Reel In Your Sweetheart!...
- January 2013 (4)
- - 2012 -
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (4)
- October/18: New Iventory
- October/12: BLACK FRIDAY GUAD SPECIAL
- October/12: WIN A YETI ROADIE
- October/05: Colorado River Fishing...
- August 2012 (4)
- August/15: BULL RED @ PORT O'CONNOR
- August/12: Port O Connor Fly Fishing
- August/08: Tailing Reds
- August/08: I believe in Texas Tarpon
- July 2012 (2)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (3)
- February/20: TROUTFEST SPECIAL
- February/09: Guadalupe River fishing report
- February/09: New To Flyfishing?
- January 2012 (3)
- - 2011 -
- December 2011 (4)
- December/31: FISHING REPORT for end of 2011
- December/23: Bug Study
- December/23: New Canyon Lake Fly Shop
- December/17: New Canyon Lake Fly Shop
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (2)
- January 2011 (2)
- - 2010 -
- December 2010 (4)
- December/30: Fishing Conditions
- December/29: Fishing Conditions
- December/09: Fly Fishing Gift Certificates
- December/08: Dec 2010 fishing/river report
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (3)
- April/16: Great fishing despite...
- April/09: New Braunfels Fly Fishing Film...
- April/01: Golf & Fish
- March 2010 (3)
May 24, 2012
ReelFly Fishing Adventures is expanding to the coast! We are now taking reservations for Tarpon and Redfish trips in Port O Connor. I've been fishing Port O Connor for about 10 years and recently decided to expand our services there in the summer months. Above is my new Beavertail polling skiff guide boat which I will be using for our trips this summer. Port O Connor is an excellent destination for fly anglers of all skill levels with endless grass flats offering up-close polling opportunities for Redfish and Trout and even the all-mighty TARPON!
We fished Tues with Capt. Jack Campbell and Capt Kevin Townsend for the silver kings and despite the rough seas from a westerly wind had luck on the fly. Throughout the day we had around 30 Tarpon roll around us over 80lbs and some even over 100lbs. Around 2:30 p.m. we found a pod of Tarpon in the 40-60lb range holding in a cut in about 15 feet of water off the rocks and managed to boat a really nice 40lb fish and hooked another one the same size.
If you’re looking to get away this summer to an excellent place for some amazing fishing, give us a call and let us help you plan your trip. We can customize your trip with lodging, gear and of course fishing to fit your needs and get you in the action!
Full day trips are $500 for two anglers and include lunch, gear, flies and memories that will last a lifetime!
Give us a call and reserve your ReelFly Fishing Adventure today! (830)964-4823